“When a mama is happy, everyone is happy”
Lead prenatal trainer, Rana Kennedy has taught prenatal Pilates since 2007. She is the owner of Agility Studio and innovator of the prenatal Pilates fitness program. She is a DONA trained doula, a prenatal massage, yoga, and Pilates instructor and joyfully teaches a majority of the prenatal training.
Agility Studio is the largest prenatal pilates training facility in San Diego. Finally, a premiere prenatal training program that is fun, dynamic, and can give you what you want out of a workout while changing with you as you and baby grow and change. The prenatal Pilates fitness program is tailored to fit your needs with privates or classes, whether you are a marathon runner, a non exerciser, or a busy professional. It’s always better to get a jump start on your fitness before you get pregnant but many of our clients find us once the bun is in the oven. The first step is to get clearance from your doctor in the form of a note. Always good to get the green light as well as keep your doctor informed on your activities. Staying fit and a healthy weight during your pregnancy can contribute to you and your baby’s health and well-being. Next you will need to contact the studio directly and schedule a brief phone consult.
Benefits of Agility Prenatal Pilates Fitness:
- Increased muscle tone in the legs, back,arms, and deep support muscles of the pelvis and the pelvic floor to assist with labor and postpartum recovery.
- Better circulation of your blood and lymph to help prevent leg cramps and varicose veins
- Balanced flexibility with the the ever changing hormones in the muscles, joint, and ligaments. Some places need more stabilizing, and some need to loosen up already!
You can be confident during your prenatal pilates fitness classes that your Agility studio trainer has had additional training with precautions, modifications, as well as best exercise practices for the pregnant woman. We understand the changes you are experiencing through your different trimesters and can adjust exercises to fit your needs as well as prevent and alleviate discomforts.
- Strengthens abs correctly so they’re back to where they started and then some!
- Faster recovery to pre-pregnancy weight
- Stretching and strengthening of chest and back muscles. Your front can become overly tight with with feedings and diaper changes, while the back can get weak and sore from this very important nurturing position. Both can hurt the same but for different reasons – a little support here can help you look forward to feeding sessions